What causes pain at the tip of penis?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: last night out of noware the tip of my penus head ware the opening is started feeling really sensitive to the touch. me and my wife were in bed and I got hard so I was playing with her and poking her with it and realized it hurt. anytime I touched the sheets or anything it would hurt. just that one little tiny point on my opening in the right side. it was so sudden and today when I woke up it still hurt.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to inflammation of terminal urethra (Urethritis )

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have any urinary symptoms like burning ,urgency .pain etc ?

The pain at the tip of urethra could be due to inflammation of terminal part of urethra (Meatus).

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily .along with topical local anesthetic ointment like Nupercaine twice daily.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

It should get cured within a week .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 6 minutes later
I don't have any pain being or ejaculating. the penus looks normal. and the pain is on a little spot right next to the opening. it's on the tip of the penus on the right side. if I press hard on it it doesn't hurt at all. but I small touch for a second or so will feel a pain. I don't think it's an STD as I didn't have sex with anyone other then wife. and I know we both aren't cheating.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
take medicines sugested in my reply earlier .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for feedback .
This is definitely not STD .It is due to inflammation of mucosa of meatus which will get cured with the treatment I have suggested .

Thanks and Regards.
dr Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 11 minutes later
would it go away on its own with out taking antibiotics? or is there something I can take that over the counter? I can't go to see a doctor at this time due to my insurance problems.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can take Erythromycin twice daily .

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for follow up .You can take Althrocin and Brufen twice daily .These drugs are available over the counter .Taking antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicine will help to heal it fast and prevent infection .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil.