What causes pain at the opening of my vagina?
It has been six months for my marriage but still have not done sex with my husband. I try to relax at the time but cannot ant also feels pain at the opening of my vagina. Because of the pain and fear I cannot continue and just drop out the procedure. Please help me?
It is called vaginismus, treated easily.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
This condition is called - vaginismus.
It can be easily treated.
SO do not worry.
First of all, please consult a gynecologist.
That diagnosis needs to be confirmed.
Due to psychological fear, the woman tightens the muscles around the vagina, thus making penetration impossible.
Treatment involves sexual counselling, and gentle teaching of techniques to dilate the vagina, by using a finger, tampon or vaginal dilators.
Gradually intercourse becomes possible.
Just relax, it is a fairly common disorder, and can be treated once you consult a professional for it.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
You should go through this link, it will give you information -
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of pain inside vagina during intercourse
- What causes pain and irritaion in vagina during intercourse
- Mirena causes vagina pain
- What causes painful lump inside the vagina
- What causes contractions and pain in vagina
- Causes of nodules on vagina opening
- Air in vagina causes pain
- Sores on vagina area painful what could cause this
- What causes severe pain ans swelling in vagina
- What causes painful pimples in vagina