What causes pain around the left collarbone?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am experiencing pain around my left collar bone as well as tingling in the pinky and ring finger of my left hand.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems like ulnar nerve compression

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it seems like ulnar nerve compression in the next. Cause of compression should be worked up with Xray cervical spine and to look for cervical riib etc. A chest X-ray to look for apex of lungs to look for any lesion arising from lungs which may compress on the nerve. A CT chest and cervical spine may also be needed.

Meanwhile OTC analgesics like acetaminophen may be continued. If tingling is causing more bothersome, nerve pain suppressants like gabapentin may be used. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad