Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

193 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes pain around the laceration site during intercourse a year after childbirth?

Answered by
Dr. Aarti Abraham


Practicing since :1998

Answered : 6011 Questions

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I’m having some concerns I had a baby a year ago and I had third degree lacerations. I have been trying to have sexual intercourse and it hurts to bad to do so. It’s a lot of pressure and I can feel exactly where she came out at. I’m trying to figure out is it like this


Is there anything else I could do besides another surgery?

Ok thank you
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I think the repair for the third degree lacerations was done too tightly.
Please ask your gynecologist to examine you and go for appropriate corrective or loosening surgery.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Take care


Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Ask your gynecologist to look at it and. confirm the cause.
Gradual use of dilators can help.
Regular lubrication too would help.

You are most welcome dear.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on