What causes pain around penis and belly button?

Question
My Son rang me this morning concerned about a sharp shooting pain {electric) he has been feeling half way from his penis and his belly button. Apparently he was up a ladder when is first happened, then later at home he was lying on lounge, moved his leg and sharp pain happened again. He has had this electric pain event about 6 times. He also told me he did a quick self check. He said the area feels harder. Could you please help me? The pain first started yesterday!
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
local lesion/ureteric colic.NSAID,fluids.

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

The cause for the pain may be due to
1. Ureteric calculi which is the most common cause for the pain referred to penis and belly button. The pain occurs due to the movement of stone and stretching of the ureter and the site of referred pain may change. For this ask him to drink plenty of oral fluids which may help in removing the stone.

2. Any lesion in the penis or in belly button. Ask him to get self examined and if he see any lesion he can explain it or can upload a photo of the lesion which will help in management.

NSAID like aceclofenac with serratiopeptidase will help in relieving inflammatory pain and swelling and may help in the pain management. So ask him to take this along with plenty of water.
An USG abdomen and pelvis with urine routine may help us to diagnose the underlying cause.

I hope this information helps you and answered your questions.
Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health and enjoy life.

Follow-up: What causes pain around penis and belly button? 23 minutes later
The area in question and the shooting pain area was between the penis and the navel, not the penis or navel. The midpoint between the two. Do you understand.

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Local lesion.Antiseptic lotion,NSAID,Dry cotton cl

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for overlooking. The lesion in the midway between the penis and the navel where he is feeling harder may be due to folliculitis or hair follicle infection. Even any local infection can cause this type of symptoms.
Application of antiseptic lotion like povidine iodine locally and NSAID like aceclofenac with serratiopeptidase will help in relieving inflammatory pain and swelling.

Ask him to wear cotton inner ware which should be sun dried and to avoid moistness due to sweating. This will prevent spreading and treating if local infection and to keep watch on the lesion. Get back to me if any change in characteristics of lesion or any other clinical features.

I hope this information helps him in the management. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.