What causes pain and wet feeling around incision scar after abdominal surgery?
Please give details.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
To recapitulate: 48/Female - H/O Hysterectomy causing adhesion - open Surgery to remove adhesion on small intestine - scar healing nice - but some pain and feeling wet on the right of the scar - continuing to have immense pressure and discomfort when you have to push for BM.
Please provide some further information:
- What were the symptoms before surgery for which you were operated?
- When were both the surgeries done?
- Can you please post the reports attached to this query?
- Does the pain on the right of the scar increase when you push for BM?
- Wetness is just a feeling or there is actual wetting/leaking of fluid?
- Any other information you would like to share.
It is premature for me to say anything without a proper details of symptoms or findings or reports.
Yet it looks that everything is not fine as per your history.
It is possible that there is recurrence of adhesion, which is so common .
May be something/ intestine is adherent to the under-surface of the scar.
I would advise for a contrast enhanced CT scan of the abdomen.
Review by the operating Surgeon or Second opinion if he thinks so.
This will clear the real picture to decide further management.
I hope this gives you an insight and helps to take further steps. Please feel free to ask further relevant queries if you have or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Laxative/ enema after consultation with your Surgeon.
Thanks for your feedback.
You are re-operated on March 24.
Pain was on the right side and has constipation - esophageal distress since NGT problem - now the tenderness and wet feeling is on the ''left side'' - uncomfortable on pushing for BM -
The probable reason can be colitis or loaded colon.
If there are no intestinal symptoms at all as you had before obstruction, mild laxative or/and enema should help you - after consultation of your Surgeon.
Many times due to change in bowel habits due to intestinal problems it takes time for the body clock to come back to normal.
I hope this answer helps you. Please try and give feedback.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal surgeries painful was on narcotics what can be done
- Drugs/medication for incision scar
- Symptoms of incision scar
- Diagnosis of incision scar
- Treatment and cure for incision scar
- What causes pain after urination
- Shoulder pain after abdominal surgery
- What causes pain after sex
- White puss in old incision scar
- Incision scar causes