What causes pain and weakness in leg while walking?

Dr. Neel Kudchadkar

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have serious pain trying to walk, I do have multiple helth issues being 70 now I was forced to retire a year ago. This leg pain and weakness prevents most help around the house.
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Causes and cures for pain while walking.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,

1. The reason behind your pain experienced while walking is due to "claudication".
2. Kindly get the pulses of the vessels of your feet checked.
3. You might want to find out if you have any issues at the region where the nerves from your spine flow into your legs. This is also a cause of claudication.
4. Another problem is Percoset 10/325.
5. Percoset is known to be habit forming and once a person regularly takes it, until the next dose, withdrawal symptoms of pain (in particular) are experienced.
6. Have you tried physiotherapy? It can be acutely helpful.
7. Given these facts you might consider joint issues like arthritis as you have mentioned in your question that indeed, you have multiple health issues.
8. Kindly try "foot reflexology" . There are certain points located at the soles and base of your feet that when pressed in a correct manner relieve pain to a considerable and very tolerable extent.

Do write back to me for any doubts or further questions as regards your health.

Have a great day,
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar