What causes pain and tingling sensation in the left of the chest?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hi,
I am 30 yrs old male , in dec i was having chest pain on left side just like tingling on left hand , so i had my 2d echo and stress test both were negative doc said it is due to anxiety now i am taking tablet inderal and stalopam now it is control but sometimes i do get tingling on left side due to which i feel worried and starts to panic.

I dont undeerstand what to do i am not able to concentrate or is there anything to worry about.please help me out
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tingling is mostly symptom of anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Presence of tingling and chest pain with normal echo and stress tests indicate toward anxiety rather than anything. It is important to acknowledge that tingling mostly inficates anxiety and I do not think you need to worry about it.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for your comments .

My concern is why am i getting tingling or pricking only on left side of my body.If there is nothing to panic.

I am taking tablets but still i get pricking and tinkling 1-2 times a week.please let me know how to deal with this
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

The presence of tingling and pain only to left side indicates that you are more concerned with left side and pay more attention to it. If you pay more attention to some other part of body there will be different presentation of tingling.

I hope this assists you further.
If you have more questions I will be glad to assist you further.
If you do not have more questions, please close the discussion and if possible rate the answer for my future patients.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.