What causes pain and tightness in the stomach while eating?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
hello doctor,

since last couple of weeks I am facing issue similar to constipation.
there has not been any change in my diet schedule however since last sometime whenever I eat ,my stomach gets very tight with very less food and I am not able to complete the diet.
very little over eating and my stomach is in very much pain !! it gets severely tight !!

I wanted to know that is it just a digestion issue or anything else ?? is it like the previously consumed food is not getting digested properly and it is staying in the stomach itself ? should I go for any test and if yes then what kind of test will help me ?

kind request to provide your views on the same!!
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use probiotics.

Detailed Answer:
Hello,,
I have gone very carefully through your query.
Our gastrointestinal tract has a forward propulsive movement (peristalsis) that moves the food material forward as it is digested, absorbed and finally expelled as feces. If somehow this movement gets hampered, food along with the digestive juices would stagnate, stomach acid will reflux into the food pipe and on the other hand the bowel habits would not be proper. Degradation of undigested food in the intestines by the intestinal bacteria would lead to the excess gas formation.Whenever stool is constipated it starts to stagnate and is acted upon by a large number of toxic bacterias.They causes productionof large amount of toxic gases.These toxic gases severely compresses the intestinal
muscles hence compressing nerves and causing pain.

No test required at present-
Take a probiotic like VSL #3 gor better overall digestion.
Take over the counter omeprazole 40 mg to help with gas production.
Activated semithicome can be used.

Avoid all junk food.
No alcohol.
No smoking.
No cola.

Eat pure vegetarian bland food.
Take isabghul husk 1tsf once daily.
You would be fine soon.’
Thanks!