What causes pain and throbbing sensation in the back of the left knee?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Pain in back of left knee-some throbbing of upper aspect of calf and lower aspect of thigh
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible soft tissue injury of popliteal region

Detailed Answer:
Hello Madam,
I can certainly understand your concern

This health issue of yours might have been really frustrating.

Considering your symptoms, the possibility of hematoma or a soft tissue injury of the popliteal region
(back of the calf) is very high in view of the recent trauma (slippage on the rug).

A short course of analgesic medication like Diclofenac sodium and Serratiopeptidase combination will help.

Additionally, it's very important to get an X-ray of affected limited including the knee joint to rule out fracture/dislocation/hematoma/soft tissue injury.

Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these medications and test to you.

Further management if any is largely based on test results.

Post your further queries if any
Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee