What causes pain and swelling in vein on wrist?

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hi this morning a vain in my wrist begun to still hurting my hand its the inside it swelled in size. The swelling has mostly gone down and its now bruised and still stinging
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be a Insect bite

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. This could well be due to Insect bite. My suggestion for you are-Ice fomentation, Ibuprofen along with anti allergic drugs like cetrizine(prescription only) will help.
Do you have such spots anywhere else and are you taking aspirin?
Hope this helps.

Follow up: Dr. Mukesh Chugh 22 minutes later
could it be anything else, I'm pretty sure nothing bit me, I took phenergan earlier just in case and I'm not able to take anti inflammatory tablets, my hand and fingers are also now hurting
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a nonserious injury

Detailed Answer:
Hi
It's good to see you
I have gone through your reply and first of all it does not look to be a serious injury and I am quite sure you will get over it in few days time with the treatment as discussed earlier.
The other possibility could be you might have slept on your wrist?
Have fun, Take care