What causes pain and swelling in the right breast?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 31 May 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My right breast, specifically the nipple and areola, is sore to the touch, has a stingy/burning/achy feeling and is a bit swollen. No fever, no redness, no discharge from the nipple
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be infection, oral antibiotics & anti inflammatory medicines

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
According to your complaints it seems to be due to infection in the breast tissue.
I would recommend you to take oral antibiotics and anti inflammatory medicines.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take tablet cephalexin 500 mg twice daily for 5-7 days and tablet ibuprofen twice daily.
Oral antibiotics are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng