What causes pain and swelling in the lateral mid calf area?
hi and welcome.
considering your symptoms,this is more likely to be superficial thrombophlebitis which means that small vein under the skin is inflamed and trombosized. this is benign condition and in this case you should avoid long sitting or laying, apply cold compresses,apply heparin gel 2 times daily for 5 days and wear elastic socks for 5 days.
however,deep vein thrombosis can't be ruled out for sure and if you have some concerns or risk factors such as obesity and hormonal replacement therapy ,you should check ddimers in blood and do Doppler ultrasound.
Wish you good health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes calf pain with sinusitis and headaches
- What is the cause of calf pain when on lipitor
- What causes calf pain while climbing stairs
- What causes pain calf muscle after running
- What causes swelling in calf
- Calf leg pain causes
- What is the cause for frequent shooting pain in calf
- What causes persistent pain in calf muscle
- What causes calf pain and restricted movement in ankle
- What causes sharp pain in calf of leg