• question-icon

What causes pain and swelling in the hands?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My hands are painful and swollen. Blood tests show inflammation is high (normal 10, mine is 97). Also white blood cells elevated. What could be causing this.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
For how long has this been?

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed this information fully. There are a list of possible causes. This might be rheumatoid arthritis, reactional arthritis, caused by an infection, etc. If more tests were done, I will really like that you upload an image for further review as there are other important components even on the white cells that you have not provided. Also, with no concrete diagnosis, I will recommend that you get and x-ray of your hands and do a rheumatoid factor. These will greatly help me in moving forward.

To upload an attachment, kindly follow the instructions below. To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Chobufo Ditah