Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

What causes pain and swelling in the gums after a gingival graft surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 700 Questions
please to god help us
the patient had guided tissue regenreation with gum grafts and bone grafts and so much
can you help and give your opinion what the complication are what you would ask for from the doctor etc
Mon, 22 Jan 2018 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain, infection, swelling and thermal sensativity are main complications

Detailed Answer:
thanks for writing in.

GTR is a complicated surgical procedure and needs some time for proper healing. During this period, patient needs to take extracare to maintain proper oral hygiene as its very common to have bacterial colonization near newly formed e-membrane.
This may lead to infection which further causes swelling. In case of excessive trauma, patient might experience severe pain for few days.
Post operative care and regular follow ups with periodontist are really important. Hope I answered your query.

Thanks & Regards
Dr. Neha Sumra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor