What causes pain and swelling in left testicle?
Plz suggest the course action
Please provide more details..
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HCM,
Well I can understand your concern but you need to provide some more information so that I can guide you better,
To start with , 1. Your age ? (as condition and oetiology varies in different age groups)
2. Any history of Fall or trauma to the area ?
3. Since when are you experiencing the pain ?
4. Is it constant or just coming and going ?
5. Does sitting or standing relieves the pain ?
6. Does lifting the scrotum relieves/worsen it ?
7. Is there any redness along with the swelling ?
8. Your occupation ? Does your work involve standing for long duration ?
Please answer them so that I can assist you further in a better way..
In the meanwhile you can take Tab PARACETAMOL 650 Mg three times daily after food for next 2-3 days , it'll help reducing the pain..
Please don't involve in to any strenuous activities and stay rested..
Awaiting for your reply..
1 age 30 yrs
2 no such problem and i am exp. It first time
3 since morning 11 am i am experiencing the problem
4 it is consistant
5 little bit when i have rested on bed, but if any thing touches to it i am getting the pain, while standing a im exp. Little bit pain
6 even if i toch the area iam getting pain and the left side ball increased a littel bit
7 no such things
8 i am an accountant, my job involves 80% sitting and 20% travelling on bike
Follow the Advises..
Welcome back XXXXXXX
Appreciate your answers,
Just answer me one more question so that I can provide you the full course of treatment, It looks like you're having Epididymo-Orchitis,
Are you sexually active (it includes not only the current status but the past whole year's exposure).. Please provide the answer as management largely depends on it..
Awaiting for your reply..
Complete abstinence from sex for next 3 weeks is advisable..
Dear XXXXXXX Welcome back to HCM,
Below are the treatment and management -
1. Complete abstinence from sex for next 3 weeks is strictly advisable
2. Wife needs to be checked also , preferably by a Gynaecologist to rule out any STI and / UTI
3. You need to start antibiotics straight away for a full cure and avoidance of any further complications i.e.
1. Inj CEFTRIAXONE 500MG I.M STAT(only single dose)
followed by Tab AZITHROMYCIN 1 GM Per Oral Stat (Only for One time) for today.....
From tomorrow onwards Tab LEVOFLOXACIN 500MG Per Oral Once Daily for the next 10 days
(you need to check in to your local doctor to get a prescription for all these, also make sure that you're not allergic to any of the compounds, otherwise there's always alternatives available)
2. Tab PARACETAMOL 650MG Three times daily after food to reduce the pain for the next 3-4 days
3. Cap PANTOPRAZOLE 40mg Once Daily on empty Stomach before breakfast for next 10 days
4. Try to avoid the bus journey for the time being as this may aggravate it
5. Try to put on Scrotal Suspensory bandage (available in medical shops as well as sports shops) , it'll help to reduce the swelling
6. Put some Ice-pack compression on it , it'll help too
7. Avoid physical exertion of any kind for at least a week..
8. Daily SITZ bath 2-3 times in XXXXXXX warm water with 10-15ml of betadine solution will help in great extent ..
Follow all these , it's a treatable condition so no need to worry ..
You should feel better within a day or two.. so relax..
**In case there's any further increase in the size of the swelling or redness , severe pain, you might need to check in to nearest ER for a physical examination and emergency management but it's only a rare entity so not likely..
Let me know how you stay in the due course..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause testicle pain
- What causes swelling of testicles
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes dull pain in testicles
- What could cause painful lump on left testicle
- What is the cause for radiating testicle pain
- What is the cause and treatment for pain in testicles
- What causes terrible pain in the testicles
- What causes pain in the right testicle
- What causes swelling and pain in the testicles