What causes pain and swelling in knee post arthroscopic meniscal repair surgery?
Also - what is your typical recommendation to return to work after knee arthroscopy. I'm 57yo hospital executive - so mainly in meetings but average walking 2.5-3 miles walking to various meetings/day. 4th surgery on this knee so it is still quite swollen and painful (percocet 5/325 every 4hrs covers the pain pretty well).
Repeat release can be done.
Thanks for posting your query.
After an arthroscopic meniscal repair surgery, if you have pain and swelling in the knee then it is better to take rest. You can return to your normal activity in 6 weeks. Till then you can do a hot compress. You can also start with physiotherapy exercises once the pain and swelling subsides.
If the patella is not tracking in the groove then a repeat release of patella can be done after so many years. This will also help in improving your pain and balance.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and swelling in thighs and knees
- What causes thigh pain post a knee replacement surgery
- What causes sharp knee pain
- What causes pain in the knees and feet
- What is the cause and treatment for knee pain
- Having knee pain no swelling cause
- What causes painful swollen knee
- What causes persistent knee pain
- What causes severe knee pain with swelling on foot
- What causes painful swelling of foot and knee below
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?