What causes pain and swelling at the base of penis?
Flu and edema at the base of penis.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Read the history and understood your problems.
The pain with swelling at the base of the penis might have been due to vigorous masturbation causing the area to swell or might have had a small hematoma deep within. The crus of penis arises from the bone where you are feeling pain.
Prostatitis does not cause such symptoms as you have.
Your symptoms of cold, sore throat, fever, runny nose and fatigue look to be due to flu and this lowers the immunity of the body making existing problems more worrisome and makes healing a bit late.
I would advise you to Continue Advil 400 mg three times a day, Sudafed three times a day. Take steam inhalations, and most important is bed rest for early recovery.
No masturbation till the pain and swelling at the base of penis is cleared.
The Qualified Doctor in the area where you are staying must be conversant in English. You can consult him is required.
I hope this helps you and feel free to ask for more if you need to or if you feel there is a gap-of-communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swelling irritation and pain of penis
- What causes pain and swelling on penis head
- What causes pain over penis
- What causes pain at base of penis during erection
- What causes burning pain in the penis
- What causes soreness and pain on the penis
- What causes pain and swelling underneath penis foreskin
- What is the cause of pain in foreskin of penis
- What cause pain near penis
- What caused pain and swelling in my penis