Owl Image

What causes pain and stiffness in knees and hip?

Owl Image
Dr. Alokkalyani

Rheumatologist

Question
I'M having PAIN and stiffness in my left knee and also pain in my left hip. I had a cortisone shot last Tuesday and this did not seem to help. I need help for this situation. I work and I need to feel free of pain. Thank you for your helpful advice.
Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
probably osteoarthritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.

Probably you have osteoarthritis of knee, if cortisone shot is not helpful, than probably only pain killer left for you like opoid analgesic or in severe case knee surgery. But before prescribing anything, I would like to see your Knee and hip X-ray report. Also provide more details about the pain like how bad is the pain, does it get better with something (like movement), does it get worse with something, etc.

Hope this helps and provides answers to your question.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again

I wish you good health, take care
--Dr. Alok