What causes pain and ringing in ears?
Ear examination. Nasal endoscopy, PTA, I/A. Medication.
Thank you for your query.
1. You are showing signs of Eustachian Tube Dysfunction ( ETD ) since the incident.
2. An ear examination and nasal endoscopy by an ENT Specialist is required, followed by a PTA ( Pure Tone Audiometry ) and I / A ( Impedance Audiometry / Tympanometry ).
3. Impedance Audiometry will show if the middle ear pressures are normal or not; if any fluid is trapped behind the intact ear drum or if ETD persists.
4. Nasal endoscopy helps check the inner opening of the Eustachian Tube.
5. The altered taste sensation is explained by irritation of the chords tympani nerve which passes through the middle ear and which supplies taste sensation to thd anterior third of the tongue.
6. Add an anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory medication to the nasal spray. Steam inhalation and saline nasal washes should help.
7. Upload these examination notes and test results for further discussion on treatment options.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes ear pain
- What is the cause and treatment for ear pain
- What causes throat and ear pain
- What causes left ear pain
- What causes painful ear lobe
- What causes sudden ear pain
- What is causing the pain behind ear
- What causes severe ear pain
- What causes ear ringing
- What is the cause of constant pain in ear