What causes pain and redness near thumb in the hand and big toe in the feet?

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Mon, 6 Aug 2018 in Child Health
Question: my daughter is complaining of pain in the hand near her thumb and pain in the feet near her big toe. maybe some slight redness. No temperature or sore throat.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get her evaluated by a pediatrician

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for asking on this platform

Pain and redness in joint can be due to infection or some Inflammatory reaction. Viral infection are the most common cause and usually associated with fever. Here as fever is not there, chance of viral infection is less. Rheumatoid arthritis or some other connective disorders are other uncommon cause which should also be ruled out(particularly if pain is for long duration)
Direct clinical evaluation will give a better idea.Please let me know about the duration of joint pain.
I would like to get few blood investigations done to get a clue about the diagnosis and treatment accordingly.
You may give paracetamol for pain. Better avoid other analgesic which is anti Inflammatory also like aspirin or ibuprofen before investigation as it may alter the disease natural progression.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.