What causes pain and prickly feeling in lower right back?

Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 15 Oct 2015 in Cancer
Question: i have been having a prickly pain often around my right back side in about the kidney area. I have notice in my urine small little gravel dots. I do urinate often.
have mentioned it to my dr with no conclusion.
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need to rule out urinary infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi

With your symptoms, I think two things need to be ruled out before we can attribute it to muscle spasm. One is urinary infection and second is urinary stone.

I would recommend urine routine and microscopic exam and culture, along with Ultrasound of kidneys, ureter and bladder.

If all these are normal, then nothing to worry. Symptomatic treatment should suffice. Please talk to your doctor regarding these tests.

Hope this helps. I will be available for follow-up.