What causes pain and popping sensation in the shoulders?

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: when i put my hand on the small of my back palm facing away elbow bent at 90 degrees and internally rotate my shoulder it snaps really loud and hurts. i tore my rotator cuff a while ago and it healed on its own but is there a way to get rid of the clicking? yoga or exercises or something?
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need arthroscopic examination.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

If I am your treating doctor I would do your physical examination and would see your MRI scan for exact conformation of your problem, I will also do your diagnostic arthroscopic examination which is must.

So I advise you to visit orthopedic surgen andand discuss all that I have explained to you.

By doing alone yoga and physiotherapy will not help you as your age is young.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 17 minutes later
i saw an ortho and they told me it was fine then i injured it a week later i cant afford health insurance now and the docs ive seen just keep telling me to rest but its been months
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Physiotherapist needed.

Detailed Answer:
Ok myfriend,

Then you should visit physiotherapy centre having good reputation.

Physiotherapist will advise you certain exercises which will help you.

Still if you don't get relief then go for diagnosticarthroscopic at least.

I hope you got my point.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX