What causes pain and numbness in the arms and legs?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My husbands left arm and leg are numb.
What could cause that?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He is suffering from arthritis.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,he is suffering from arthritis and nerve compression.You can give him methylcobalamine 1500mg once daily for one month ,he will get relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 minutes later
So what you're telling me is that because just his right arm and right leg are numb, it's just arthritis?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Nerve compression.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Numbness is due to nerve compression ,the main reason of nerve compression at this age is arthritis.For proper cause you have to do some investigation like x-ray cervical spine or MRI cervical spine and head.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 hours later
It would appear after a day at the hospital that my husband had a mild stroke.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a stroke.

Detailed Answer:
A mild stroke can also cause such symptoms. But this needs proper examination and a few investigations to find the exact cause.
Regards.