What causes pain and numbness in calf?
need to rule out DVT asap.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Your sudden extremely pain and numbness in your calf could be a sign of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
As it is a life threatening condition, and needs prompt diagnosis and management, i would suggest that you go to an emergency room asap and get a doppler ultrasound of the leg to rule it out.
If that is ruled out, other possibilities are cellulitis of leg or lymphangitis. These are infection and can be treated with antibiotics and painkillers.
Hope i have been helpful.
Dr. Ashish Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and numbness in sides of head
- What causes pain tingling and numbness in forearms
- What causes pain and numbness in forearms
- What causes numbness and pain after a catheter ablation
- What causes extreme pain in leg with numbness and imbalance
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What causes numbness and pain in hands and joints
- What is causing numbness in hand and back pain
- What causes muscle pain and numbness in legs
- What causes burningstabbing pain and numbness in feet
- What does painful foliate papilia on tongue and glands on neck and...
- Suggest remedies to treat food poisoning after eating prawns
- What causes nausea and pains in right upper quadrant when suffering from...
- What could be the cause for excessive salivation?
- Will they examine my pancreas during ultrasound for pancreatitis?
- Suggest schedules and regimens for treating C. diff infection?
- What causes testicle pain when suffering from dengue infection?
- Can lightheadedness and itching in left cheek be side effects of cardura?
- What causes blood from anus when suffering from lupus and bile duct cancer?
- What is the treatment for shortness of breath on exertion while...