What causes pain and numbness in back and shoulder?
Consult an orthopedic surgeon please.
Thanks for the query. I have read your query &understood your concern.
looking at your age..the old pain in back & shoulder you have can be due to osteoporosis &weaknes of bones/degenerative changes in spinal cord or joints.
The recent fall you had in XXXXXXX .. seems to have injured your left shoulder which has lead to compression on nerve supplying your hand at spinal/shoulder level.. causing numbness of hand.Also traumatic joint involvement can increase shoulder pain as well as nerve symptoms after exposure to cold.
*In this respect you should consult an orthopedic surgeon for his expert examination followed by needful investigations (cbc,serum calcium &vitamin D/xray,CTScan or MRI of spine &left shoulder) followed by specific management in form of medicines/physiotherapy or surgery if needful.
I hope you found the answer informative &useful.Any follow up query is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Numbness in back lump on neck painful cyst cause
- Bloating cause back numbness
- Back numbness causes
- What is the treatment for back pain and leg numbness
- What causes severe pain in shoulders and numbness in fingers
- What is causing numbness in hand and back pain
- What causes middle back pain and numbness in leg
- Back pain numbness in arm
- Back pain and numbness
- Back sprain cause numbness