What causes pain and discolouration in the fingernail after a finger injury?
The pressure needs to be relieved by trephining.
You have a Subungual hematoma.
If it pains even after 3 to 4 days then it might require trephining to decrease the pressure under the nail caused by the blood clot. A small hole can be drilled into the nail and the clot can be removed and then you would be pain free.
Therefore, see a Surgeon who can get you relieved of your pain and the clot can be relieved. Do not worry, Its a very minor procedure.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Finger injury causes
- Drugs/medication for finger injury
- When will the finger injury of a child heal
- Crushed finger injury
- Symptoms of finger injury
- Thumb and finger injury water cyst on wrist treatment
- Fingers injury swelling and pain what can help them
- Diagnosis of finger injury
- Treatment and cure for finger injury
- Finger injury clear discharge from fingernail rotten chicken smell infection