What causes pain and congestion in the ear after travelling by flight?
Hi, thanks for your query. After viewing your prescription and audiometry results, I am in the opinion that you might be having glue ear. It's a condition where in there is fluid accumulation in middle ear. Treatment is to give decongestant tablet twice daily for 5 days + steam Inhalation + decongestant nasal drops for nose. The doctor has not perceived this as per the prescription enclosed. But symptoms from 2 weeks may not improve with tablet. You might need surgical extraction of the fluid , procedure called as myringotomy and grommet insertion. Your audiometry report shows high frequency hearing loss also where in you may need hearing aid also after the surgery , if hearing loss perisits. .. All this you need to consult with the doctor , get clinical evaluation of middle ear , confirm the presence of glue , and get operated as early s possible. Emperically you can take antihistamines + decongestant tablet twice daily for 5 days. With ortrivin nasal drops for nose. Hope my answers have helped you. Thanks.
This may help you to diagnose more accurately.
Yes middle ear fluid will move in different position.
Yes. You are right.
Middle ear fluid or glue will move according to change of position. Your description of blockage it self suggest middle ear effusion. Myringotomy with grommet is the answer for it.
Please to help you in future. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes ear pain
- What is the cause and treatment for ear pain
- What causes throat and ear pain
- What causes left ear pain
- What causes painful ear lobe
- What causes sudden ear pain
- What is causing the pain behind ear
- What causes severe ear pain
- What cause ear pain after botox
- What is the cause of constant pain in ear
- Suggest treatment for shortness of breath and sinus problem
- Suggest treatment for tinnitus
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty post sinus infection
- Suggest treatment for ear pain with sore throat
- What causes dizziness?
- What causes bruising in the socket next to the nose?
- Suggest treatment for painful swollen glands behind ears and sores all...
- What causes vertigo with tingling in body and muscle twitches?
- What is the cause and treatment for labyrinthitis?
- What causes white circular spot on right nasal septum wall?