question-icon

What causes pain and burning sensation in the shoulders and arms?

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017
Question: Shoulders and arm muscles burn with pain deep inside like i have worked out or sometime .been going on for a few months havent seen a doctor yet !

What is a CBC ? Im very healthy otherwize . 190. Lbs the pain is worse the more active i am

Thank you !
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar (46 minutes later)
Hello, it could be due to generalised weakness please get a CBC done to rule out anaemia.

Brief Answer:
It is a complete blood count

Detailed Answer:
Hello again, I would recommend a few tests to know the cause of your body pains one is a complete blood test to see your haemoglobin level and to rule out anaemia.
Vitamin D and B12 deficiency also cause muscle pains please get your blood levels for B12 and Vitamin D and revert back.
Accordingly we could proceed with your treatment.
Hope this helps
Best wishes

Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
you are welcome revert back with the reports.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar