What causes pain and burning sensation in the anus after a meal?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have pain or burning sensation in my anus after a meal . I do have hemrroids but they are rarely a problem ?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see next

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM.

It may always be worsening of hemorrhoids and this is the most common thing, but if this is related to meal then some other issues may be considered such as anal fissure, polyp or fistula. SOmetimes spicy food and overeating may worsen symptoms.
I suggest to try conservative measures. Use Sitz baths, apply antihemorrhoidal cream, use stool softeners and avodi spicy and food that bloats you.

If there is no improvement, you should do exam at proctologist who will examine if fissure or polyp is present. It would also be good to do CEA marker and occult blood stool test.

WIsh you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad