What causes pain and burning sensation in shoulder blades?
Probably a contusion..Take tylenol and Ibuprofen!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this pain that you have reported. You most likely traumatized a soft tissue(ligament/tendon/etc) at this area and that's the reason of the pains. I will not want to imagine it is a significant lesion that will call for measures beyond pain control. For now, I will recommend that you get Tylenol and Ibuprofen for pain relief. Also, rest this shoulder for now. If this fails to control the pains within a week or it becomes severe, I will suggest that you get the shoulder examined by your treating physician or an orthopedist!
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
I will say get an MRI!
5months is a long time and the exact cause needs to be established. I will suggest that you get an MRI to evaluate this shoulder looker for any possible tears that may explain your symptoms. It will not want any further pain control as this clearly suggest that there is an underlying problem which needs to be sorted out.
I wish you well and keep me posted about this. The best doctor to see is an orthopedic surgeon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain between the back shoulder blades
- What causes pain and burning sensation on the testicles
- What might cause pain and burning sensation in forearm
- Neck causing shoulder blade pain
- Pain causing nodules in shoulder blade
- What causes pain and burning sensation on knees
- What is the cause and treatment for shoulder pain
- What causes persitent pain in shoulder blades
- Causes pain left shoulder blade
- What causes pain in chest along with shoulder blade