What causes pain and burning sensation in scrotum?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have scrotum stinging and burning.. painful and saw a doctor that without test said like Jock Itch gave some meds and after meds it is back . Want to figure out what this is.

I've also noticed before and after the Keflex treatment (ended yesterday) small bumps at base of penis
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload pictures, answer few questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic..

Is the burning and stinging associated with any rash?
For how long were you given the medicines?
Did it subside completely when you were on medicines?

I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.

Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
There is irritation it's hard to tell if it's a rash. I had the Keflex for 10 days, and the Micatin I've been using for about 3 weeks.

The Keflex seemed to reduce the bumps on the side of the penis, the disappeared. They have returning now that I stopped Keflex yesterday.

Micatin seems to have a relieving affect with the pain.

When it initially started, I had some eye Eythromycin which seemed to help, but Neomycin does not, but the version with pain relief is useful.

I will try to get good photos. Where do I upload from ?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upload pictures under report section

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I would recommend you to upload the photographs under report section of HCM site so that I can have at it.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
The pictures seem to be uploading now. Taking a really long time.

As the Keflex is wearing off I can tell the burning is getting worse, so I suspect that Keflex did something, likely not the right medication.

On the pictures, I sent 2

Side of penis you can see some small while bumps near my thumb and one mid way between thumb and finger. The number of bumps are no increasing.

I sent one of the scrotum area that shows some bumps and redness.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unable to see the pictures

Detailed Answer:
I am unable to see the pictures.
Kindly upload them again.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 8 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.

They have been uploaded
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be dermatitis, take cortisone and antihistaminics

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed both the pictures.
According to your complaints and the pictures it looks like some case of dermatitis.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply Cortisone cream on the affected area twice daily and take antihistaminics like tablet Chlorpheniramine 4 mg twice daily for 10-12 days.
This should help in resolving this problem ..

Take Care