What causes pain and burning in jaw and chin with swollen lymphnodes?

Posted on Tue, 22 Apr 2014 in General Health
Question: my jaw chin and under my chin are swollen and i have a severe burning sensation and i have a lumpthat keeps getting bigger.what can it be?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Infection. Antibiotic with anti inflammatory drugs Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. Pain in jaw chin, Severe burning sensation, swollen lymphnodes may be due to infection i throat or in the lymphatic chain in throat. For my patient with upper resiratory tract infection or infection in the lymphatic chain I usually precribe penecillin group of antibiotic like amoxicillin along with anti inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen or aceclofenac in combination of serratiopeptidase. I advice the same to you. Also do salt warm water gargle three times a day. This will help in prevent the symptoms and also against bacterial infection. Rarely pus can develop under chin and can present with pain and swelling, in such case drainage should be done under aseptic precautions and you should consult your doctor for the management. I hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any further queries and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you good health and faster recovery. Regards
Dr. Lohit K