What causes pain and burning during urination after taking Unwanted 72?

Excellent
Question
I gave unwanted 72 to my wife last Thursday.
last night she told me that she got paining and burning urine. today she got problem with fever,back-head ach.
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not related to the emergency pill.

Detailed Answer:

The present symptoms of your wife are unlikely to be related to the intake of the emergency pill. She is more likely to be suffering from some urinary infection.

Please let her see a physician and get a urinalysis done. Ask her to take plenty of liquids. Relief from pain and fever can be had with paracetamol. She may need an antibiotic and urinary alkalizer after the report.

Emergency pills can give rise to menstrual disturbances most often. There can be a withdrawal bleeding soon after the intake of the pill for a couple of days and the next normal period can get delayed by a week or two. If she does not see her next period even after ten days after it is due, she should see a specialist for further help.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.