question-icon

What causes pain after urination?

Posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2014
Question: Hi doctor, i am having lite pain at end point when i am going for urine. And some times urine also yellowish.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Dehydration is common

Detailed Answer:

What is the duration of the problem? Do you have blood in the urine? Do you have fever or body pain?

Dehydration, friction during intercourse, infection are common. I suggest you to rely on temporary home remedies like coconut water, electrolytes for couple of days before you see a doctor.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar (18 hours later)
I don't any body pains and blood in urine. I think it is urine infection or stones in gladerr. Will it effect on kidney?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar (2 days later)
Brief Answer:
Early treatment does not affect kidney

Detailed Answer:

Early treatment is needed to ensure the kidney is not affected. So I suggest a medical examination and treatment from the local doctor if my above measures did not relieve your pain by now.

Hope this helps.
Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar