What causes pain after gall bladder removal?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: yes thank you---gallbladder removed about five years ago. have had four atack just like gallbladder did.. what could it be.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM

Detailed Answer:
Well,this is not unusual. first option is that there are stones in common bile duct which could form even without gallbladder. secondly, this could be pain due to liver or pancreas diseases and thirdly it can be related to right lung lobe diseases. To rule all this out you need to do lung rtg, liver ultrasound and check liver and pancreatic enzymes. till that,try to have easier food,avoid fats,spices, alcohol and smoking. When pain occur,take antispasmodic and antiacid medicine. Wish you good health. Regards