Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

What causes pain above left eye while bending or coughing?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
What is the cause of pain above my left eye when I bend over, cough, sneeze, or strain in any way? I have had a MRI, MRA, spinal tab and they found nothing.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Frontal sinusitis... Detailed Answer: Hi, Chronic frontal sinusitis is the closest possible diagnosis I will give you based on the symptoms you described. The next possibility is a non specific pain unrelated to any organic pathology. As you had the MRI scan, you can either visit a radiologist or ENT surgeon and discuss the scan films again. They should carefully look into the various sinus cavities and provide an opinion. I would suggest to start treatment after confirming the condition. Hence in my opinion the next best step is to consult the ENT doctor or radiologist and discuss your scan report. If needed new scans of sinus cavity sections need to be performed. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes pain above left eye while bending or coughing? 2 days later
Thank you for your answer. My nose will start running for a whole day or so every week. Then it is ok and I do not have a cold. Is this another system of the sinus trouble you think I have.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, the frontal sinus... Detailed Answer: Hi, Presence of runny nose with ache above eye is most likely from an inflamed frontal sinus. While steam inhalational, nasal decongestant and a painkillers may be used as treatment, you may be the frontal sinus checked by an ENT specialist. Hope I was helpful. Please close this discussion if you don't need further clarifications. Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor