What causes pain above hips?
Can be nerve root irritation.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain that you have can be related to a muscle spasm in the area or due to a mild nerve root irritation. It can also be related to a Vitamin B 12 deficiency.
In addition to gabapentin that you are already taking you can start with Vitamin B 12 supplements and do a hot fomentation in the area for relief. In case the pain is acute and severe then you can consult your orthopedician and get a combination of pain killer with muscle relaxant prescribed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause a pain in right hip
- What causes hip pain on standing
- What causes pain and stiffness in hip
- What causes pain in right buttock and hip
- What is the cause of painful lump on hip
- What causes headache pain in hip and shaking
- What causes sharp pain in lower gut and hips
- What is causing tender back pain and soreness in hip
- Developed pain in hip what could be causing this
- What causes pain in lower hip