Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

148 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes pagets disease?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 745 Questions
Paget disease she have
Kindly suggest me
Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Lump
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see below answer

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

Pagets disease of breast is considered cancer condition along with underlying cancer.

Since it is difficult to differentiate between eczema and pagets disease in pathology I assume the report you have attached is thoroughly double checked by expert pathologist.

If such a patient comes to me I try to find out underlying cancer in the breast . If there is no clinically palpable lump then I suggest to get mammography done to find out cancer spot. Also I suggest to undergo ultrasound of axilla(armpit) on the same side to diagnose non palpable lymphnodes enlargement.

The treatment by lumpectomy or mastectomy depends upon size of underlying cancer. And depending on lymph node status chemotherapy and/ radiotherapy is decided.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon