question-icon

What causes ovulation spotting?

Posted on Thu, 23 Apr 2015
Question: Just had small amount of blood on toilet paper after i have wiped myself, went a short time later only a smaller amount was visible than last time I had period about 2 weeks ago
I did have intercourse last night would that have caused it
Answered by Dr. Soumya (13 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Ovulation spotting or sexual trauma

Detailed Answer:

I have read you query and I understand your concerns about blood spotting.

Following is my reply:

1) This blood spotting is likely to be due to ovulation.

2) Middle of periods is a time for ovulation and hence it is possible that you are spotting due to ovulation.

3) Another possibility is minor trauma caused during sexual intercourse last night which is spotting now.

4) It will go away by itself. You don't have to do anything. Don't worry about it.

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Dr. Soumya
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN