What causes overreacting to things, crying without reason and disturbed sleep?
collaborative efforts of psychiatrist and Gynecologist for proper treatment
Welcome to HCM.
I understand your concerns for your mother.
She is having symptoms like overreacting to things, crying without reason and disturbed sleep. She has had similar symptoms in past.
These symptoms can be due to all the conditions which you have mentioned that is, hypothyroidism, perimenopausal or psychological.
You have also mentioned that her thyroid problem has resolved.
I have some suggestions for you:
1. Go for repeat thyroid evaluation. Thyroid disorders tend to relapse if the treatment is stopped. If altered, it should be treated.
2. She has been given antidepressants in past and her symptoms improved.
I think she would need another psychiatric evaluation. Even if the symptoms are perimenopausal, psychotropic drugs would be needed as the symptoms are distressing.
3. If possible, a gynaecological opinion to determine the need of hormonal replacement treatment should be taken. This may also help in curing the symptoms.
A thorough clinical is needed to decide exact management approach for her.
Hope my suggestions are helpful to you.
Feel free to ask further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Crying without reason causes
- Diagnosis of Crying without reason
- Symptoms of Crying without reason
- Drugs/medication for Crying without reason
- Treatment and cure for Crying without reason
- What causes halucinations with disturbed sleep
- Causes for sleep disturbances
- What causes exhaustion and disturbed sleep
- Sadness disappointed like being alone crying without reason
- What causes sleep disturbances after taking irbesartan
- How to reduce weight?
- Suggest treatment for increase libido
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- What causes fear of disease or death, dizziness, heaviness in head and SOB?
- What causes digestion problem after having Dicorate ER?
- Can ED medicines be taken along with diabetes medications?
- Suggest treatment for clots on legs while weaning off Adderall
- Suggest treatment for MDD and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder