What causes overdistended gall bladder?
Can be due to gall stones.
Thank you for asking HCM.
I have gone through your query. Over distended lumen means dilation of cavity more than the normal. It is more than 2mm in thickness or greater than 5cm diameter. This can be due to gallstones or inflammatory process.
This should be correlated with clinical findings. If you have acute episode of pain after fatty food intake associated with fever or vomiting it can be acute cholecystitis. If there is pain and discomfort for a long period of time which is aggravated by taking fatty foods then it can be chronic choecystitis. If without symptoms it can be silent gall stones also.
Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gall bladder cyst causes
- Gall bladder spasms causes
- Gall bladder disease causes
- Gall bladder stones causes
- Gall bladder tumors causes
- Gall bladder cancer causes
- What causes gall bladder problems
- What causes distended gall bladder
- Gall bladder infection causes
- What are the causes of gall bladder calculus