What causes ovary cysts in an elderly woman?
Laparoscopic surgery will be with excision & biopsy of the ovary with cyst.
* There are various reasons for ovary cyst at 71 years as benign cyst from fluid accumulation, hormone changes, dermoid or other malignant tumors.
* The biopsy of ovary is the ultimate confirmatory diagnostic tool for any ovary lesion ( which will be definitely taken during your surgery on 20th april, usually laparoscopic removal of the same).
* Usually unless very large, isolated small ovary cysts do not give gross tummy distension.
* Through surgery only those elements will be recovered which are due to the ovary cyst, rest symptoms as if you have GERD and gastric upset, it may remain after surgery.
Kindly give further details so that I can answer your query completely.
1. All symptoms in details.
2. Ultrasound report as an attachment.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ovary cyst blood in stool
- Iga nephropathy ovary cysts
- Femilon in ovary cyst
- Is it ok to exercise ovary cyst
- Ovary cyst eruption
- Does smoking weed cause ovary cyst
- What treatment should i take for ovary cyst
- Ovary cyst causing sciatic nerve pain
- Ovary cyst and heart palpitation
- Will an ovary cyst cause any problem in the foetus
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools