What causes oval shaped itchy sores along the sides of the vagina?

Excellent

Question
I have recently noticed the skin adjacent to my vagina has tiny oval shaped sores that itch or burn. I am 75, no sex in a long time. I may have scratched myself in the shower. what can I do to relieve the discomfort and heal this?

Fri, 4 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dry vagina, eczema and UTi

Detailed Answer:

With what your describe and looking at your profile you seem to have two or three problems simultanously
Dry Vagina because of menopause may be with candidiasis
Vulval eczema
Urinary tract infection (less likely)
You should invariably see a doctor to get the full treatment specially an OBGYN doctor. There are really no Over the counter medications that would help you. You can apply Neosporin ointment over the sores. Take over the counter antihistamines like Allegra to stop it itch.
Hope this information guides you well