Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

What causes oval shaped itchy sores along the sides of the vagina?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1626 Questions
I have recently noticed the skin adjacent to my vagina has tiny oval shaped sores that itch or burn. I am 75, no sex in a long time. I may have scratched myself in the shower. what can I do to relieve the discomfort and heal this?

Fri, 4 May 2018 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dry vagina, eczema and UTi

Detailed Answer:

With what your describe and looking at your profile you seem to have two or three problems simultanously
Dry Vagina because of menopause may be with candidiasis
Vulval eczema
Urinary tract infection (less likely)
You should invariably see a doctor to get the full treatment specially an OBGYN doctor. There are really no Over the counter medications that would help you. You can apply Neosporin ointment over the sores. Take over the counter antihistamines like Allegra to stop it itch.
Hope this information guides you well
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor