What causes orange vaginal discharge with strong odour?
It is due to bacterial/parasitic infection
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
Is this discharge associated with itching? Does the odor increase after intercourse? Is there burning and soreness in the vagina?
The possibilities are:
1. Bacterial infection of the vagina
2. Bacterial vaginosis- It is caused by imbalance in the amount of bacteria in the vagina. This infection usually causes grayish discharge with strong odor particularly after intercourse. Sometimes it can be orange. It is not associated with itching or burning
3. Trichomoniasis- It is a sexually transmitted disease caused by parasite. The discharge can be orange coloured with foul smell. It is associated with itching soreness and pain while passing urine
Please consult your doctor for internal examination. the doctor may treat you based on clinical examination or may take a vaginal swab for testing the organism.
You need to get your Pap smear done if it is due.
I hope this is helpful. If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes smelly vaginal discharge
- What causes bright orange vaginal discharge
- What causes clear vaginal discharge
- What causes green vaginal discharge
- What cause vaginal discharge
- Itching and orange vaginal discharge causes
- What causes an orange colored vaginal discharge
- What causes smelly and light orange vaginal discharge
- What causes orange vaginal discharge
- What could cause orange colored vaginal discharge