What causes orange colored oily discharge during bowel movements?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Is orange oily discharge when you poop normal when using a rectal suppository?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
related to suppository itself,

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

It would be related to the type of suppository used, the orange oily substance is due to the suppository and possibly to any small amount of blood that may be there due to the hemorrhoid and not related to an abnormality of the bowel.

This is fine, it would stop when all of the suppository has left your bowel.

IN addition to the suppository to help with the hemorrhoids, the following may also help--(1)a stool softener so that you do not need to strain with your bowel movements eg ducolax

(2)avoiding prolonged sitting or standing

(3)anti inflammatory pain medication-- naproxen, ibuprofen

(4)sitz baths--- sitting in a warm (not hot) water for 15 to 20 mins, salt or epsom salt can be added

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions