What causes orange clumps in my urine?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Mar 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have orange clumps in my urine and frequency. No pain,.what could cause this
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is likely to be due to UTI.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have passed orange clumps (Mostly infected material with blood)in urine and have frequency of urination.

This is most likely to be due to UTI secondary to Post Menopausal Urethral Stenosis.

In females there is generalized atrophy of Genito Urinary organs after the age of menopause .This also causes narrowing of urethra passage which results in incomplete emptying of bladder during urination resulting into some quantity of urine remaining in bladder what is called as residual urine..This residual urine is the source of infection giving rise to hematuria and increased frequency of urination.

Please consult qualified Urologist and get following basic tests domne to confirm the diagnosis,
1) Routine urine test and urine culture
2) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis.
3) Endoscopic examination of bladder (Cystoscopy).

He may do urethral calibration to widen the urethral passage .This will help to empty the bladder completely and there by prevent infection

In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

.