What causes orange bowel discharge when suffering from abdominal fistula?

Question
I have abdominal fistulas,and have noticed recently that there is a orange colored discharge on my underwear,and orange puddles of orange in the bowl water with having a bowel movement
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need clinical correlation

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Fistula history with discharge indicate the fistula recurrence and needs a repair.infection and abscess can also be a discharge cause.please seek a general surgeon and let them have a detailed look at the issue and take a detailed clinical history and examine you for the bowel issued like incontinence and fistulogram etc.also i would advise an endoscopy to rule out any bleeding cause of this so called brown discharge.
You need a detailed clinical correlation and management .Please visit a general surgeon and let them take care of you.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX