What causes oral submucous fibrosis?
As I eat supari & pan XXXXXXX presently slightly pain near the jaw joint pl.help me
OSMF: Oral SubMucous Fibrosis.
Thank you for your query.
1. This condition is known as OSMF: Oral Submucous Fibrosis and is due to the supari, pan XXXXXXX and tobacco products. This condition is predominantly seen in XXXXXXX
2. Stop the supari & pan XXXXXXX to prevent this problem for increasing.
3. Get an oral examination done to check the extent of the problem and the mouth opening.
4. Start multivitamins and request a weekly injection of Kenacort (triamcinolone) in the retromolar trigone area after a 10-15% lignocaine spray for six weeks. This treatment usually leads to improvement in the mouth opening and reduction in the pain under the ear near the jaw joint. Avoid spicy food.
5. These conditions are considered pre-cancerous (in some patients) and hence regular follow up is recommended.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Oral submucous fibrosis causes
- Treatment and cure for oral submucous fibrosis
- Unani medicine for oral submucous fibrosis
- What is the treatment for oral submucous fibrosis
- What things we eat if oral submucous fibrosis
- Oral submucous fibrosis predisolone
- Symptoms of oral submucous fibrosis
- Ginkgo biloba in oral submucous fibrosis
- Placentrex gel for oral submucous fibrosis
- Diagnosis of oral submucous fibrosis