question-icon

What causes onesided pain on scalp?

Posted on Tue, 11 Mar 2014
Question: In my scalp on my right side it hurts alot i cannot move my hair.pls help
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz (2 hours later)
Brief Answer: Scalp pain Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. Pain on one side of the scalp can be caused by different pathologies, such as: -Migraine: There is pain and other symptoms such as intolerance to light and noise, nausea, vomiting. Pain is related to menstruation, stress, alcohol intake, changes in atmospheric ... -Pathologies of the skin of the scalp:It is less likely because the main symptom is itching.Pathologies such as Eczema or Seborrheic Dermatitis are possible, the lesions are visible on the scalp. -Neuropathic Pain: One of the nerves that run through the head is trapped and the patient feels electric pain, burning;discomfort appear even moving hair. As you refer, Neuropathic Pain is the diagnosis more likely. I treat my patients with Amitriptyline or Pregabalin when Neuropathic Pain is the diagnosis.Please consult your local doctor for a prescription. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz